Subject Tabs

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

PIMSLEUR GERMAN LEVEL 1 Review...

I received this language program to review and am very happy I did. The Pimsleur method is the best I have seen so far on learning a language.  We have been listening to these CD's in the van when we are out and about.


Each lesson is about 30 minutes long.  It is a lot of repeating and when you have 80% of the lesson down you can move on to the next lesson, which builds on the prior lessons.  That is nice because repetition helps things to click.

I do recommend listening to the whole lesson without interruption.  It makes it easier to remember.

I have to say the German language is hard.  I actually get a sore jaw, trying to sound like the guy on the CD. So I have to try and not sound too much like him and relax.  Which is hard to do, because the German language seems a bit harsh and brash.

It does not appear that you are going to learn to be fluent in the language when you are done with the program but you will be able to speak and carry on a conversation with a person who speaks the language.

You also will not be able to read or write the language as this is strictly a listening and speaking program.

My whole family is benefiting from this language program.  My 7 year old to my 13 year old are able to learn with this together.  As a homescooling mama, this is a great plus.  I would totally recommend this product.


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment