Subject Tabs

Monday, January 13, 2014

A Very Unique Christmas!

This year I decided to do something different with Christmas.  My children have too many toys and we have been trying to purge our house from many of them.  So the thought of buying more toys for my children was definitely far away from me.

I started by telling my children that they would receive no toys this year.  I wanted them to be warned and prepared.  They get enough toys from their grandparents anyway.

After thinking & praying I choose to pick two themes.  One for the boys and one for the girls.  Since my desire is to train up my kids to be good husbands and wives, I choose to buy tools for my boys and cooking & baking supplies for my girls.

The search took me months.  I was looking all over for kits for building and kits for cooking and baking.  I also wanted the gift to keep on giving so I wanted monthly kits as well.  I searched and searched as well as researched.  I needed to know what kind of tools were a need and which ones they could just share.

The reason I did not put this on my blog sooner is two-fold.  First, for those who are very frugal you will now have a whole year to look for items at the best possible prices.  Second, I did not want my kids to see it on my blog.  That would ruin the surprise.

This may take a few posts because I try not to blog much at all.  Takes time away from my family and home.  I hope to just do 2 more posts.  One on the boys gifts and then the last one on the girls gifts.  I have some great frugal ideas too.   Some you will be very surprised about. 

Thanks for reading and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment