Subject Tabs

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Trial & Error on this Candida Killing Diet!

Ok, I tried my hand on homemade chocolate chips today and cookies.  I need to cook and freeze what we like so I have easy & ready snacks for the kids. 

I tried to use the Caco Nibs and oh they are NASTY! 

While making my own chips, I used a granulated xylitol which would not dissolve in the cocoa butter and cocoa.  I still stuck it in the freezer but I am sure they will be NASTY too.

I like good tasting food.  So it needs to be tasty for me to eat it.  Yes, I am a baby!

For the sake of just trying the cookies that I had ready to cook, I just through regular, old, unhealthy chips in them.

My opinion of the cookies is "bearable".  I used almond meal and xylitol syrup.  But they are just not sweet enough.  I think that if it were not for the bad chips in them, they would really be icky.  So back to the drawing board with these cookies.

Now, know this...I am very picky so you may like them.  We will see what my hubby thinks.  But 2 kids under 7 were not crazy about them.  My 5 year old didn't even finish hers.  The 10 year old said, "goose" and the 12 year old who eats anything said, "they are good".

So there you have it.  Did I mention I can't bake?  Nope!  I can cook but baking, not so much.

Anyone have a better recipe?  Leave it for me!

Grain free, Sugar Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
2.5 C Almond Flour
.25 tsp Salt
.50 tsp Baking Soda
.50 C Olive Oil
1 Tb Vanilla Extract
.50 C Xylitol Maple Syrup
.75 C Sugar Free Chips or Carbo Chips

Preheat oven 350
Combine Ingredients in mixer
Scoop balls of cookie dough on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
Bake 8-10 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment