Subject Tabs

Friday, March 4, 2011

Free Friday

Yesterday I went to Rite Aid.  If you are not a member of their program go to their site and become a member.  You can get lots of free items and sometimes you will even be paid to buy items.  You can also sign up right in there store.

Rite Aid paid me $2.35 to buy the above items.  Not bad since the original cost of the above items would have been ~ $47.89 before taxes and with tax just over $50.00.

The question is HOW DID I DO THIS?

First I watched video values at the Rite Aid website.  I was able to get coupons for Halls and then bonus coupons worth a total of $6.00. I also was able to get a $3.00 off $15.00 for taking a survey.  Click here if you have a code from the bottom of a recent receipt. Thanks hip2save!

Visit #1 (Yes I go in more than one time)

I purchased the razors on sale.  Two for $9.99 each (regular price is $12.99 each).  This gives me enough to use my $3.00 off of 15.00 coupon.  And that is the coupon I give first.  Then I use my $2.00 off $10.00 beauty coupon (video values).  Now I use the Manufacture razor coupons I received out of Sunday's paper.  They were worth $4.00 each.  I was able to get my hands on 2 coupons, many people get more, but I only get what I need.  My total is now down to $5.98.  I could stop there and still have $6.00 coming back in up rewards which makes the items free but I have $3.00 in up rewards from last week so I use them here.  My total out of pocket before tax is $1.98!  Don't forget I got the 2 $3.00 up rewards to use another time.

Visit #2 (I run and put the razors in my van and go back in.)



I purchased 2 Halls, 3 Ludens and 4 Lip Balm. Total before sale and coupons would have been just over $21.00. All these items are on sale for $1.00. So even without coupons that is a great deal. I use my 50 cent Halls coupon from Sundays paper. I have only 1 but I have two 50 cent Halls video value coupons. I can use one video value coupon per one manufacturer coupon together. I also have three 55 cent Ludens coupons from the paper. And I was able to get 2 coupons for Nivea via the Internet ($2.00 off of two). Then I used two $1.00 video value coupons. I paid 77 cents out of pocket.


Tip one: Save your coupon inserts from the Sunday paper. I do not normally buy razors, so I did not clip out those coupons. But when I saw I could get paid to buy them, I was happy I still had the inserts.


Tip Two: Don't be greedy. Many times I get to the store just after a lady bought 20 of one item. So there were none left for me or anyone else. This happen yesterday with an item I was going to buy at Rite Aid. Only buy what you need! If your shelves are over packed, then give a bunch away before you go buying more.
Mat. 6:19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: Mat 6:20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: Mat 6:21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.


Tip Three: Take the time to watch the video values and get that free cash. Sometimes they even have $4.00 or $5.00 or even $20.00 events. And here is my trick. I'm not crazy about commercials. I also dislike the beauty commercials because the women wear very little. So as I am cooking dinner I play the commercials with my lap top almost closed so I can't see them. When I here that it is over (volume on real low) I click in the code to get my coupon. Woot!


Tip Four: Watch your coupons and make sure they get scanned. Rite Aid has very slow scanners and sometimes, like yesterday they miss a coupon if they scan too fast. On my second visit they missed one of my 50 cent coupons.


Shop Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment